Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Keller Wedding (part 1)

When my friend David Ducane asked me to be the second shooter at the wedding he was hired to photograph, I was ecstatic. Being obsessed with wedding photography and being someone who loves love, I had always wanted to shoot a couple’s big day.
Early Saturday morning last week, David, Dakota and I took a long and exhausting bus ride to New Jersey where we were met by David’s cutie-patootie girlfriend, Chelsea. The rest of the night we were loved on and fed by the lovely Ducane family. Although I did a fairly good job at hiding my nervousness, deep down I was stressed and feeling insecure. Without trying, the Ducane family calmed my nerves and soon I was excited to help document Laura and Justin’s wedding.
I woke up a couple hours earlier then the boys did to get pretty and to practice what I was most nervous about: the flash! A few hours later, with bellies full of chi tea and cinnamon rolls, we found ourselves at the house of the bride-to-be. We first shot the girls getting ready and some candid’s of the cute little kids. After that, we were off to the wedding ceremony (which flew by fast) followed by the reception where it got reeeally fun for us and where the guests let loose! Long story short it was an amazing experience and I'm so grateful I lost by wedding virginity to the Keller's! They are such a fun couple that are blessed to have an awesome family. If every wedding I shoot has a wild and entertaining family and group of friends like theirs, I will be one happy photographer!
Mostly I loved being on the dance floor with the guests and getting the chance to photograph with David and watch him shoot and interact with people. I am so very grateful for the opportunity to second shoot and can't wait for the next few weddings coming up. Although it's stressful and demanding, to witnessing and to photograph a couple in love and in their happiest moment is the most rewarding thing.
This is just the first batch.. more are to come. These are the pictures I took, to see the ones David too go here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/photofanatic_photography/ (he focused more on the bride and groom). Hope you enjoy!













































4 comments:

Wongzilla said...

the pictures are looking good kelly. How much fun was shooting this wedding?

Dave Ducane said...

i picked the right second shooter. thank you. lets get together this week and go over photos.

-dave

Kelly Boitano said...

wong: it was so much fun! i have another one this saturday! its ganna be great. one day we will shoot one together my friend!

david: thank YOU! youre the best! and get a blog mister!

Anonymous said...

Girlfriend, these are so great. Love them! I love the Mr. and Mrs. director chairs too, thats super cute. I feel like I was in New Jersey while looking at these.
You are going to be so successful :)